I'm really really really ... REALLY excited =D ! I'm flying to Belgium tomorrow with my friends and I can't sleep right now even though I could use some rest before a 4 hrs flight.
It all started when I received an email from our college dean Prof. Slim Abdennadher informing us of an offer to attend a one week summer course in Belgium about constraint handling rules (Programming). I thought why not? This can be fun! especially after a stressful intense semester like the 6th semester. I'd also use a couple of extra days to Enjoy it there after the course ends =D. Also, By attending this course I will no longer have to take it in the 10th semester.
So, 2day I started packing up even though I hate it (I always miss stuff and never get everything I want to xD). And then, started searching a lil bit abt Belgium .. stuff like weather, languages, power sockets (So I can get converters for my laptop and cellphone charger), ... etc).
However there are many things that randomly popped into my head:
1. I am a spoiled kid and I know it & Many of my friends told me that.
2. This is my 1st time to travel without my parents ... ever !
3. I have never done my own daily tasks or taken real life basic responsibilities such as cookin, laundry, ... etc) [Hell yeah I do my own shoppin but I dun carry any of the stuff back with me , or sort stuff in the fridge, wash the dishes .. etc .. things that many ppl find basic might seem weird to me] and my parents always tell me that I'm gonna suffer if I live alone.
4. I am a hard person to live with, some of my friends also told me that ... sometimes I'm more like sheldon when it comes to personal daily life and that could be really problematic especially that I'm gonna share a dorm room with a friend for a whole week. I mean, I get freaky abt organization and order. Personal hygiene especially that I suffer from all kinds of allergies in the world. And some tiny little things might really make me angry when it comes to my personal daily life (Ex: How big is the room, the position of the window, heat, ...Oh dun get me started). I totally change at my home or wherever I live once I enter from that door! Believe me It's a whole new wallas u gotta deal with .. A wallas who just gives orders! xD
5. I always had my own privacy, never lived with someone before and I rarely share stuff (Except for the online stuff ofc). I've always had my very own private things since I was a lil kid. Even that I live with my parents, I never get outta ma room unless I'm grabbin something to eat/drink from the fridge, openin up for the delivery boy or leaving the house.
6. I'm extremely moody & schizophrenic (Obviously u can notice that from the above 5 things) and there are even more complicated things in my personality that I just cannot abstract to a level that I can explain to u xD. I might do some things that I (And nobody else in the whole universe) find reasonable.
So, its more like a challenge to me (In a fun way =D) .. This is my chance to fix what needs to be fixed in me, deal with the world and take more responsibility. And most importantly, prove my parents and my friends wrong ;). I can take as much responsibility in real life as I do in virtual life. I've always escaped my real life responsibilities so that I dedicate all my life / time to my awesome virtual life without any disturbance. Now is the time to experience some more real life =)
Will the Spoiled kid whose life has always been virtual make it in real life?
leave ur comments below and tell me what you think !
PS: yeah I know the whole post sounds like a baby leaving kindergarten and joining school. But this is just the truth lol.